• logo ungheni

The old building of the Railway Station

  • Information

The old building of the Railway Station

It is the oldest urban edifice in Ungheni, being built by the Russians in 1874-1875, when the railway was also put into operation. In the interwar years, the station bore the name of the ruler Vasile Lupu.

After the Second World War, the Soviets gave up the name, intervened in the construction, thus the building bears the imprint of the “Stalinist Empire” style. In the Ungheni railway junction, the trains leaving from the Republic of Moldova to Romania and beyond pass from wide gauge (Soviet standard) to narrower gauge (European standard).

Location

We meet here:

Ungheni City

37323692441